Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Two Steps Forward, ALOT OF GIANT STEPS BACK...

So you probably thought I was dead. Sigh. I've been gone SINCE EASTER!! That's craziness! 
My running has suffered ALOT. We had a busy month in May where my husband or I one were traveling. We saw each other a couple of days, I think. 
My husband was in Atlanta the first of the month. Then the little guy and I went to visit family in Dallas. A couple of days after I got home, my husband left for Colorado and the day after he returned our family left for Mammoth Lakes, CA. That's where we are now.
Talk about a busy travel schedule! I fell off the fitness wagon during this time. Sigh.

I've run a little bit here and there, but nothing consistent and nothing to speak of. I'll post my runs later this week as they're all stored on my watch. There won't be much to report, I'm afraid. 
The weekend between my getting home and my husband leaving, we did run a fun 5K together as a family. :D 
 Here are my two boys before the start.
 Check out the gal that was in front of me! Double stroller and a little white dog. Yeah. She beat me.
Here are the folks waiting to start..

Here's a picture of the little guy and I after we had finished. I think he kicked his little feet the entire way. He loved every minute of it. We ran it in under 33 minutes and it was the first time I'd ever really run with the stroller. We had such a fun morning. :)

We interrupt this blog to run....

Conversation between my husband and I as the pictures above downloaded.....
Husband: What are you doing?
Me: I'm finally posting something on my fitness blog.
Husband: What are you posting about? You haven't been doing anything.
Me: I'm writing about what a loser I am.
Husband: Oh. Wanna go out for a short run right now? I'll watch our little guy.
Me: Really? Do you mind? 
Husband: Nope.
Me: Okay! Thanks! 


So, out for a run I went. :) Mammoth Lakes is at almost 8,000 feet elevation and I felt every foot of it. Sigh. I'm back at the beginning where I'm walk/running. I jogged 20. Walked 5. Jogged 5. I'll put the times in with the next post. :) 

If the truth be told, I'm doing a really, really good job at only one of my top four priorities (Faith, Family, Fitness, Friends). 
Which one, you might ask...
Well, it's this one.
 My little man is growing so fast, I don't want to miss a second. We're up in a condo in Mammoth Lakes, CA. How do you like that make-shift toy box? :) He ignored all the familiar toys and went right for the cardboard box. Awesome. :)
It's June here and we got snowed on the last days in May. It was our little man's first time to see the snow. As a matter of fact, here on the 4th of June, there is a mix of rain and snow falling as I type this. Happy Summer.

My two little men napping. :) How cute is that?

Mammoth Lakes mornings go something like this. :) My little guy watches Baby Einstein on mommy's laptop while I have a cup of coffee and try to gear up for a busy day. :) 

My husband and a friend of ours are both up here to train at altitude. They're gearing up for the marathon olympic trials that will be taking place in Houston this coming January. My husband has had an incredible running career and I'm so proud of him. He's persevered through so many obstacles and injuries. This is his last big push as an athlete before we transition over to the coaching side of this sport. I'm up here taking care of our little man and cooking like a crazy woman. You try feeding two elite runners who are training like mad twice a day. These boys can eat! If you have easy, healthy and make-ahead meals in your kitchen arsenal, please do a girl a favor and share your recipes!! :D If I make 'em and the boys like 'em...I'll feature it here with your permission! :D 

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures!

    I'm trying to get back in the swing of running too, but it is hard. I try to do it after we put Liam to bed (since it stay light out until 11 pm now). But I'm still at the "20-minute slow jog" stage of running so really, I could sneak out almost any time when Tom's home and no one would notice I was gone. :)

    Very cool that Daniel is training for the Olympic trials! Hmmm....recipes...I usually improvise dinners around here, but what about chicken enchiladas? I just chop, saute and mix (with spices of course) a ton of veggies, shredded chicken, cottage cheese and cheese - plus optional rice to make it extra filling - then roll 'em up. They also freeze well so you could make extra large batches. Just put some sauce over them and pop them in the oven.

    Anyways, I hope to see you guys when we are in the States next month.
    Take care!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete